Code of Ethics
IALC schools must follow the IALC Code of Ethics:
- Each member must be legally constituted and authorized to operate in and according to the current laws and regulations of the country in which it is situated.
- Each member must maintain high standards of facilities and teaching, and employ only qualified, experienced staff who are committed to increasing the language skills of their students in a responsible and efficient manner.
- Each member must create and maintain a learning environment of high quality, in which students can make optimum progress towards their individual learning goals.
- Any prospectus or other promotional literature of a member must give a fair and accurate representation of the member and clearly state its terms of enrolment, fee payment and cancellation.
- Each member must make every effort to provide carefully selected accommodation in homestay or in halls of residence or in hotels, as requested, for students requiring these facilities.
- Each member must have an appropriately qualified and experienced person in its staff responsible for student welfare.
- Each member must provide a programme of social and cultural events to ensure that students experience and enjoy the culture of the country they are visiting.
- Each member must provide courses within a clearly understood and communicated curriculum framework.
- Each member must provide a welcoming atmosphere and properly advise all students to ensure that they enrol for the course that best suits their requirements.
- Each member must assess all students on arrival to ensure that they are placed in the appropriate class level.
- Each member must guarantee the integrity of any examination taken or certificates awarded.
- Each member must have a management and administration system that efficiently meets the needs of its clients.
- Each member must distribute to all clients written procedures for the resolution of complaints. Each member must have a clear procedure for receiving and acting on client feedback.
- Each member must conform rigorously to the rules and regulations laid down by law in the country where it is situated.
- Each member must abide by the Constitution and By-laws of IALC.